Event Tickets to Thunda Down Under 2019 are sold as tickets permitting holders to enter and exit as many times as they like during the entire event.
- Adult Tickets (ages 17 and above) are $119 early bird – until 30 November 2018
- Prices for Adults will rise to $139 on 01 December 2018 until 31 January 2019 and to $159 on 01 February 2019 to the event date)
- Junior Tickets (ages 6 to 16) are $95 each
- Children 5 and under are free to attend the event but still require a ticket
- Family Tickets – 2 Adults and up to 4 Juniors are $420 early bird – until 30 November 2018 (Since children under are free, please select those tickets separately) Family price will rise to $490 on 01 December 2018
Thunda Down Under 2019 is running its world renowned registration with various rocketry organisations coming together for the one launch. If you currently fly with a rocketry organisation (AMRS, CAR, JRA, NAR, TRA, UKRA etc.) during the checkout process, please complete details of your membership.
Register now to receive early bird prices which are available until 30 November 2018.
Onsite registration will be available commencing Wednesday afternoon 17 April 2019. Pre-registration materials may be collected at the registration area on the field. Please bring your rocketry membership card and photo ID.
ALL persons wishing to fly must hold a current AMRS membership at the time of the event.
Start date: 18/04/2019
End date: 21/04/2019
Start time: 08:00
End time: 15:00
Venue: Funny Farm - 9479 Meandarra-Talwood Rd, Bungunya
Coordinates: 28°07’25 S 149°41’08 E
FROM BRISBANE • Make your way to Toowoomba.
• Leaving Toowoomba via Bridge St/Warrego Hwy/National Highway A2 (signs for A2/ Dalby), continue to follow Warrego Hwy/National Highway A2 for 80.2KM to Dalby. We recommend you refuel at Dalby or Moonie.
• At Dalby, turn left onto Moonie Hwy/Nicholson St/ State Route 49 (signs for Tara/Saint George/State Route 87). Continue to follow Moonie Hwy/ State Route 49 for 184KM.
• At the Westmar Roadhouse, turn left onto Meandarra-Talwood Rd and follow for approximately 23KM.
The road between Dalby and Moonie is quite bumpy and narrow, please take care and watch all speed limits.
• Drive through Boonah towards Fassifern / Aratula.
• Turn left onto the Cunningham Highway towards Warwick and continue on the Cunningham Highway until you reach Goondiwindi.
• Head west on Barwon Highway for approximately 65km, then turn right onto Meandarra-Talwood Rd and follow for approximately 33KM.
Signage will indicate the direction of the campsite.
Be mindful of kangaroos, emus and other wildlife when driving around dusk or dawn.
Phone: +61 (0)7 3333 1655