Thunda Down Under Event Ticket – Adult (Ages 17 and above)
Thunda Down Under Event Ticket – Children (Under 5)$0.00 Book ticket
Thunda Down Under Event Ticket – Family (2 Adults and up to 4 Juniors)
Thunda Down Under Event Ticket – Junior (Ages 6 – 16)$95.00 Book ticket
Banquet Under the Stars
$55.00Add to cart
Fly It Take It$30.00 Add to cart
Food Packages (choose options)$0.00 Select options
Remove Before Flight Tag
$10.00Add to cart
THUNDA 2019 Limited Edition Hoodie$60.00 Select options
THUNDA 2019 Limited Edition T-Shirt$30.00 Select options
Thunda Down Under 2019 Lapel Pin$5.00 Add to cart
Ultra Aerobatic Flight$499.00 Add to cart
Click on images for more information
GETTING THERE & ACCOMMODATION
How to get to Thunda 2019 and accommodation options in outback QLD.
AT THE EVENT
What to expect at Thunda 2019
FEATURED FLIGHTS & WALL OF FIRE
Some of the extra special flights
INTERNATIONAL VISITOR INFO
Check out some important information and fun facts about Australia
Thunda Down Under 2019 is like no other event you have ever seen!
Rocketeers from all over the world will come to Australia and compete against each other to see who can launch their rockets the highest and the fastest! Rockets (big and small) some 30 ft tall, will be launched reaching speeds up to 4,500km p/h as they hurtle towards the edge of the atmosphere.
Thunda 2019 will see launches from participants from New Zealand, USA, India, Germany, Netherlands, England, Japan and our very own Aussie Rocketeers plus, this year, Thunda 2019 welcomes the best of the Australian Youth Aerospace Association (AYAA) as they invite Universities to compete in the inaugural Australian Universities Rocket Competition (AURC).
This family event has rockets, fireworks, firewalls, parachute displays and aerobatic flights. There is something for everyone at Thunda Downunder 2019, you can even build and launch your own rocket!
Come along and camp out, enjoy rockets by day and fun entertainment at night.
Contact Thunda 2019 Team through Australian Rocketry
includes campsite (non powered)
• Tickets permit unlimited entry
during the event
• A roll of dunny paper is included...
use it sparingly
west of Brisbane
• No public transport is available
taxis will drive from Brisbane
• You don't need a 4WD for Thunda
• In Australia we drive on the left
campsites are not powered
• RV's, caravans and tents etc.
• Hotels located approx 1 hour away
• Staying onsite is the best way to
experience the entire event
• Can food sucks, food packages
available for pre-purchase
• Rocket Fuel Bar opens after the
last flight of the day
• Barista made coffee available all
Limited merch available onsite
• Incorrect sizes can not be refunded
size charts provided
• Merch is specific to the event
• Don't be that guy who misses out :(
• Fireworks after Banquet Under
• Rockets flying everyday
• Friday night is movie night
• Rocket Fuel Bar nightly
brought, are your responsibility
• Pets must be leashed at all times
and cleaned up after
• They may look cute and cuddly
Don't approach the native wildlife
• Beware of animals when travelling
particularly at dusk and night
• 19 teams from Aus and NZ
• Launches between 10,000 &
• Regular tickets required for AURC
• Beer pong challenge... bring it!
• More info at aurc.ayaa.com.au/
We look forward to seeing you at the launch.
Your cart is currently empty.